Dear Band Family,
I hope all had a safe and restful Thanksgiving holiday. We have 3 weeks left in the semester until the winter break! Mr. Bayerle, Justin, and I would like to keep encouraging the students to do their best to have a strong finish to the fall semester! Thanks to all for your effort during a trying semester.
Some quick reminders for all:
1. Kayleigh Coffey is working on a volunteer Food Drive project for the Ronald McDonald House. Please see the attached flyer and feel free to donate and contribute to this cause to help others. This is will be the LAST week for donations as she will deliver donations this Saturday, Dec. 5th.
Please see the reminder below concerning items the Coffey family would like to collect for donation:
1. Individual chip bags
2. Microwavable meals
3. Granola bars
4. Peanut butter
5. Shelf stable ready to eat meals
6. Individually packaged snacks
7. Paper plates and paper towels
8. Hand sanitizer
9. Disinfectant spray and wipes
10. Liquid hand soap
Kayleigh and her parents (Jason and Heather) will collect items and donations and send them to the Ronald McDonald House for those in need. Mr. and Mrs. Coffey would like anyone interested in donating to this cause to please contact them at:
859-582-5812 (Heather’s cell…feel free to text)
Thanks for helping each other and the community out, to Kayleigh for setting up this service opportunity, and to Mr. and Mrs. Coffey for coordinating the effort.
2. Students must sign up for Symphonic Band, Wind Ensemble, and all Jazz finals to begin next week with student performances for peer review.
3. Percussionists have been receiving info in class on details for their last playing assignments and their final exams.
4. For any ALL-STATE candidates, the window for submitting the audition is OPEN and closes this Thursday, Dec. 3rd. KMEA should have info on your Collabra account. Your audition for your ALL-STATE audition should be done in 1 take and uploaded to Collabra in the next couple days. There is ONLY 1 ROUND of auditions for all-state so practice, prepare carefully, get confident, and then give it your best shot! There is still time for students to send Mr. Bayerle and me practice videos for feedback. Best of luck to all auditioning! We are proud of your efforts to get prepared for this process!
Please touch base with any questions or if students need need any extra help.