Dear HC Band Family,
I hope all are well! I wanted to share a few reminders for all:
- All NEW HC band members should complete this T-SHIRT FORM so we can get you a band shirt! If you are returning and need a replacement shirt, Mrs. Howard has extras and will be at HC TODAY and TOMORROW. Please bring $12 or a check made out to HCBB for replacement shirts. New MB members should pick up shirts this week.
- Mrs. Gray will be taking button pics for MB members again today and tomorrow starting at 4:00 PM. Students, please check with your parents before making a decision not to have a picture taken 🙂
- Marching band members wishing to attend Senior Night (next Fri. Oct. 23) including SENIORS should complete this Senior Night Form. Please remember, I will include any interested marching band senior and plan on some family members to accompany them. The rest of the band will be filled on a “first come, first serve” upperclassmen down basis. I will include as many students as I am allowed.
- If ANY HC band freshman is interested in serving in a position of leadership on our HC Band Council, please read the Dr. Tim info on your class canvas homepage and complete this Freshman Rep Interest Form by this Fri. Oct. 16th. The band council will vote on a Freshman Rep next Mon. Oct. 19th. I encourage any and all students to actively learn and seek out information about leadership. No experience required!
- PARENTS, please check your child’s grades on Infinite Campus. The 1st quarter is up and there are many students who need some friendly “encouragement” from their folks. Also, parents please discuss with your children the value of staying engaged in virtual learning. If at all possible, video cameras should be on during class unless otherwise instructed. There are many students logging in and keeping the camera off and are not engaged missing basic instructions, announcements, and simple exercises and work to submit. COMMUNICATION is the key and is a 2 way street with teachers AND students/parents : )
- We WILL allow makeup grades, but will set a deadline for final completion. As a program, our students can definitely improve our attention to deadlines and details.
- Parents, please feel free to communicate with me at any point. We have a Band Parent Meeting next Monday, October 19th at 7:00 PM on Zoom so you can keep up with our program, ask questions, and discover how to support our band family!
That’s all for now! Let me know if I can help!
Director of Bands
Henry Clay High School