Dear Band Family,
It was wonderful to see everyone last night! I look forward to seeing you and meeting our new families in-person soon!
We covered a great deal of information at our Parent Meeting last night on Zoom. I will attempt to cover all of the bullet points discussed and relay some NEW information below.
Please see this link if you would like to view the recording of the meeting. Mr. Bayerle and I begin our “Director Reports” at the 38:40 mark:
/Users/williamkite/Documents/Zoom/2020-08-17 18.53.36 HC Band Parent Meeting 89175270714/
Important reminders on what was covered:
- Mr. Bayerle and I will help train our band students how to use the Google Canvas online learning platform during the first week and a half.
- We will also train students how to use an online music platform called Collabra Music at Collabramusic.com
- Please check your child’s schedule to be sure band or percussion class is listed. There were errors that can be easily adjusted. We are offering the following this year:
- 1st period- Percussion
- 2nd period- ADV Percussion
- 3rd period- Symphonic Band
- 4th period- ADV Band/Theory (Wind Ensemble)
- 0 hour- ADV Marching Band
- 0 hour- ADV Jazz Band
For 0 hour ADV marching band and ADV jazz band, please contact your counselor and have them add these to your schedules if interested.
All returning jazz members should go to Kite’s jazz class and new jazz band members should enroll in Bayerle’s jazz class. We will communicate 0 hour meeting times soon since those are classes that occur outside the “normal” school day.
- PSA: Anyone who applies and attends the Virtual Learning Academy may NOT take electives at their home school so that would mean no band, orchestra, choir, art, etc. I don’t know much other info about VLA other than there are many questions.
- Fees for band or percussion class will remain $150 for the year. You may submit payment when we return in-person or you can mail a check made out to:
Henry Clay High School
Att: Jeff Bayerle, Band
Please mail to HCHS, 2100 Fontaine Road, Lexington, KY 40502 (NOT the band PO box)
- There will not be a marching band fee this year, however, there were still marching band expenses as we prepare for each show the year prior so we are asking for any donations to the Henry Clay Band Boosters. This donation would be separate from the class fee and goes to the boosters instead of Henry Clay High School. We will set up a Paypal link on the website and ask that you consider a donation for the marching program.
- Ron Roth from Taylor Tours is checking on any update on transportation money lost from the Disney trip.
- INSTRUMENT RENTALS: Please complete the form below if you need a school instrument. Complete 1 form for each instrument needed…some students may need to complete more than 1 form for marching instruments and concert instruments. Instrument rental fees are $25 per instrument and can be added to any band fees mailed to Henry Clay High School.
- PERCUSSION QUESTIONNAIRE for all percussionists. Please complete the below form:
Sorry for the length of this message…more INFO soon. Please don’t hesitate to contact us with questions!
Director of Bands
Henry Clay High School