HC Band Update 7-13-20

Dear Band Family,

I hope you all are well and safe. I wanted to update you all on the most recent development concerning marching band. Due to the rise in COVID cases, KHSAA and FCPS have extended the current phase of reopening until August 2nd, meaning that all current restrictions (and a few added ones) are still in place causing us not to be able to meet as planned next week.

We will be postponing marching band camp to start on Monday, August 3rd. I will release specific details as we approach August 3rd assuming there are no other delays and it is safe to do so. Our pre-camp meeting will now take place on Zoom on Sunday, August 2nd at 7:00 PM. The other adjustment to the schedule that is different from what I released a couple weeks ago will be ALL PERCUSSION (pit and drumline) will rehearse from 1-5 PM when we do begin camp. There will be no morning percussion rehearsal block as there are various problems logistically.

I realize the news is incredibly disappointing, but as always, the number 1 priority HAS to be the safety of each student. I’ll touch base again with any developments as they are communicated to us. Mr. Bayerle and I are trying to stay current with what’s happening, but information is not readily available concerning the start of school yet along with some other very important key details. I’ll keep you posted when we know anything new.

In the meantime, stay safe and we’ll get together when the time is right!


Bill Kite
Director of Bands
Henry Clay High School