Dear Band Family,
I hope all are well. Despite our recent global health challenges, I hope all are safe and have had and will continue to have valuable time with immediate family members. As you know, FCPS is currently out of session until April 20 along with a good portion of our country and our world for that matter. In the uncertainty, we are hoping for the best and are continually working to adapt and be flexible to the current and rapidly changing atmosphere. Sadly, our program events during this time are cancelled, however, we all can work on positive outlooks for the future and celebrate the memories we hold.
- Tues. March 24th 2020 HC Marching Band Show Release- Mr. Bayerle has had fun building the anticipation so we’ll release portions tomorrow via social media and ALL students (guard, percussion, woodwinds, brass) planning to participate in the 2020 HC Marching Band should join the 2020 Henry Clay Marching Band google class with the code: xkxplla
- Disney Trip update- Taylor Tours is working diligently on a refund, but with most of the nation shutdown, it will take time. Thanks for your patience.
- Tues. April 14th HC Area Concert is cancelled
- Sat. April 18th UK Windfest is cancelled
- If we are able to return, we would look as our first priority for opportunities for all of our ensembles (Jazz, Percussion, Concert Bands) to perform.
- Currently, we are working on virtual/online options for instruction, meetings, trainings, interviews, etc. I will have more info to come in the near future on Drum Major Trainings, Band Council Meetings, Leadership Applications/Interviews.
- For the breakdown on band class assignments and all questions for those classes once NTI (Non-Traditional Instruction) begins:
- Mr. Kite- Jazz Ensemble, Wind Ensemble, Concert Band
- Mr. Bayerle- Lab Band, 1st and 2nd hour Percussion, Symphonic Band
- All HC Band program students should be signed up for their appropriate HC Band Google Classroom section. Once NTI begins on April 6th, students will have regular assignments posted in addition to anything already assigned. If students need the code again to sign up, please contact us:
More information to come over the coming weeks….in the meantime, stay well. I’m grateful for all of you in the HC band family. If you need anything, please don’t hesitate to email or text. I can be reached at (859)338-5692.
Director of Bands
Henry Clay High School