Dear Band Family,
I hope all are well and remain healthy in this uncertain time. As you have been informed by FCPS, all school events have been cancelled for the next couple of weeks. Please see below on the impact to the HC band program and our plans moving forward:
- Currently, we are planning on holding our “regular” schedule after spring break with some additions for postponed events. Of course this all depends upon the bell curve for the virus and we will be adhering to local, state, and national guidelines and preventative measures…so stay tuned.
- As communicated from our dedicated parent team, Bingo is cancelled for 2 weeks (3/14, 3/21) and then we will reassess for the following week.
- All-District Band is cancelled and there will be refunds. This will take some time so please be patient.
- Parent meeting Monday, March 16th is cancelled. The Disney trip has obviously been cancelled and we are working on options including refunds even if they are partial for those involved in that trip.
- The Percussion/Jazz Concert scheduled for Tuesday, March 17th has been postponed….we could possibly move that concert into the place of our Solo and Ensemble recital on Thurs. April 30th.
- Concert Band Assessments have been cancelled for Fri. March 20th. The concert band, symphonic band, and wind ensemble are still scheduled to perform at our Area Concert on Tues. April 14th in the HC gym and the SB and WE are also scheduled to perform at UK Windfest on the morning of Sat. April 18th.
- The 2020 HC Marching Band Show Release and Informational Meeting on Tues. March 24th is postponed to a later date TBA
All students should bring instruments home TODAY as there will be online work for each band class in Google Classroom over the next 2 weeks. The staff will be updated as to other school accountability plans and I will relay an necessary info.
Please stay in touch via Email, FB, Twitter….as our band family will continue strong lines of open communication moving forward.
On a personal note, I’m grateful to be associated and work with such a caring and loving band family that always has the students and others well being at the forefront of our mission. My best wishes to all on good health.
Much love to all,
Director of Bands
Henry Clay High School