Dear Band Family,
We had a terrific 1st day! It was a thrill to see everyone and officially get started! I wanted to share a few important points that we discussed with the students today and help parents out with reminders:
- All students in all HC band classes (including jazz and percussion) received a syllabus. The syllabus should be read by students and parents/guardians this evening and both parties should SIGN the back portion. This is the students’ first grade of the semester. Please turn in signed (by parent/guardian and student) syllabi tomorrow or Friday.
- Everyone please remember the following stated on all HC Band/Percussion syllabi:
All HC Band and Percussion classes are considered “co-curricular” meaning that students are required to attend extra rehearsals and performances (including pep band) outside of the school day. Students should NOT elect band class if they are unable to rehearse and perform at times occurring outside and apart from regular school hours. All performances and extra rehearsals are considered mandatory and are calculated in student class averages and overall high school GPA.
- All Henry Clay High School Band Program Expense Forms and Agreements (green sheet given to concert only members today) should be turned in with class expense payments or notification of payment plan or proper fee waiver info filled out. These forms and agreements should also be signed by students and parents/guardians and turned in by this Friday, August 16th.
- For anyone interested in the HC Jazz program during zero hour (7:30-8:20 AM each day), the syllabus and audition info was covered this morning during zero hour. All saxophones, trumpets, and trombones should sign up for an audition time posted on the wall outside my office. Auditions for saxes, trumpets, and trombones will be held next Mon. 8/19, Tues. 8/20, and Wed. 8/21. We will do “live” rhythm section (drumset, vibes, piano, bass, guitar) next Thursday, August 22nd during zero hour. All saxes, trumpets, and trombones should also be present next Thursday as the full band will play for the rhythm auditions.
- Be familiar with the online calendar at www.henryclayband.org You can sync the calendar to your phone if you choose.
We are looking forward to an outstanding year! As always, please let me know how I can help and be of service. For questions, feel free to email me at email@example.com
Director of Bands
Henry Clay High School