Dear Band Family, Please see the below graduation itinerary for tomorrow, Tues. June 4th. The graduation band is the current and new wind ensemble members and designated percussionists (minus incoming 9th grade students and seniors). Please be sure you are dressed in professional semi formal attire and ready to load the buses at Henry Clay HS at 11:30 AM sharp tomorrow. There is a considerable amount of construction at Rupp Arena causing the buses to need to leave as soon as possible tomorrow.
For seniors and parents traveling to the graduation ceremony, please be prepared to park in the High Street lots and other garages downtown as the back Rupp Arena lots are closed due to construction.
HC Band Graduation Ceremony Itinerary
Tuesday, June 4th
11:30 AM All Band students (except seniors) must report to the HC band room to load equipment onto the busses.
Attendance check on buses followed by departure for Rupp Arena.
12:00 PM Arrive at Rupp Arena and unload equipment. Go through security check and set up wind ensemble set quickly.
12:20 PM Wind Ensemble warm up.
1:30 PM HC graduation ceremony begins:
- Band will play Fanfare and Processionalwhile seniors enter and take seats.
- The Northern Pinesby John Philip Sousa will be performed in the middle of the ceremony at a designated time.
- Band will play Fanfare and Recessionalwhile seniors exit the floor and center of the arena.
2:45 PM (apx) Graduation Ceremony will end!
- We must load buses quickly and efficiently.
- Depart Rupp Arena parking lot.
3:15 PM (apx) Arrive back at Henry Clay HS and unload equipment.
- All students must unload the proper equipment to its correct location in the band room.
- All students using school instruments must leave them in the middle of the band room floor for check in by Mr. Bayerle and me.
- Students wishing to rent school instruments over the summer must fill out the proper FCPS rental forms and submit $25.00 and Mr. Bayerle will reissue the instrument once he has confirmed its check in.
3:30 PM (apx) Dismiss home for the summer! Happy Trails! Be Safe and Enjoy!!
- Attire for the Graduation Ceremony is “Semi-formal” attire.
- It is important that all band students maintain professional dress and behavior for the duration of the ceremony.You are representing yourselves, HC, and the HC band.
- Congratulations on an outstanding school year!Have a terrific summer!! Best wishes to the senior class and come backto visit!