Dear Band Family, What an exciting weekend! Congratulations to the Symphonic Band and Wind Ensemble on two outstanding performances at UK Windfest on Saturday! Mr. Bayerle and I were thrilled with the students’ effort and performance! We have thoroughly enjoyed seeing and hearing their growth all year culminate with the type of energy and passion displayed on Saturday on the Singletary Center stage! The world renowned clinicians gave us wonderful feedback from which we can continue learning and progressing our craft and musicianship. Thanks to the students for being so attentive and for maximizing an amazing educational opportunity.
We continue with another busy week! Please be reminded about the schedule below. We look forward to seeing you at our events and the meeting tonight!
Mon. (today) 4/15
Band Council Meeting 3:30 PM
Parent Meeting at 7:00 PM in the band room TONIGHT! ALL are invited! Remember, Jim Malone will give our band $5 per person who attends to hear the Mattress Sale presentation and we will be doing Pops Concert table reservations at the end of the meeting. We will try to keep the meeting to an hour. Please come out to support the program!
HC Area Band Concert! Call time is 4:30 PM in formal concert attire (full tuxedo, black dress, etc.) This will be the last time we wear formal concert attire this year. Seniors and those not returning to the program should dry clean the uniform and return to the band room in the garment bag provided.
The concert begins at 7:00 PM and should only last about an hour. We will feature several 5th grade bands, Morton MS, EJ Hayes MS, and our concert bands, and jazz ensemble! Reception to follow! Please come out to meet our guests!
Steel Band GOLD 3:45-6 PM
*Note to ALL steel band members: Please be sure you have paid your steel band fee for the year so we can continue to offer this wonderful opportunity in the coming years!
Drum Major Training 4-5:30 PM
Other important dates:
- New Member Orientation at 7:00 PM- Tues. April 23
- Drum Major Auditions- Mon. April 29
- Leadership Interviews (times TBA)- Tues. April 30 and Thurs. May 2
- New Member Cookout- Sun. May 5
- Guard Tranings/Audition- May 6, 8-9
- State Jazz Assessment- Fri. May 10-Sat. May 11
- Combined Band Rehearsal for Pops Concert (ALL concert, symphonic, wind ensemble members)- Tues. May 14
- MB Percussion Trainings/Audition- May 16, 22, 24
- Pops Concert- Fri. May 17
- Senior Cookout- Sat. May 18
- Band Banquet- Mon. May 20
- MB Minicamp Day- Tues. 21
- Graduation Band Rehearsal (ALL current and new wind ensemble members except incoming freshman)- Tues. May 23
- Graduation Ceremony at Rupp Arena (for all current and new wind ensemble members except incoming freshman)- Tues. June 4 at 1:30 PM
Thanks to all for your effort this year! Let’s have a great end of the year!
Sincerely, Bill Kite Director of Bands Henry Clay High School