Dear Band Family, We had a great day starting the new school year and welcoming our new band family! Some quick reminders:
- Please get all HC Band forms in as soon as possible if you haven’t already done so (Info Sheet, Media, Medical, Permission, HC Band Agreement, with payments or plan, etc.)
- Everyone should be familiar with our band website at www.henryclayband.org and the online band calendar
- All band students will need instruments tomorrow (Thurs. 8/16) and every day after 🙂
- MB begins rehearsing after school tomorrow (Thurs. 8/16)…bring marching instruments and a change of athletic clothes/shoes for rehearsal after school.
- Home Football Game this Friday 8/17 for ALL Band Members
Call time is 4:45 PM for mentors to meet with mentees
5:00 PM for everyone to warm up in front of the school.
New members will be given a Blue Devil Band Shirt before warm up.
Marching Band WILL perform a halftime show.
We are in need of parent volunteers to help supervise and chaperone the band at the game and pit crew members to help the pit move equipment to and from the field beginning around 5:45 PM. Parents if you can help, please let me know. Attire for marching members is Blue Devil Band Shirt, Black Shorts, athletic shoes and socks. If there is inclement weather, I will try to provide email, Facebook, and Twitter notifications by 4:00 PM.
- Jazz Auditions for Saxes, Trombones, Trumpets will be next Monday 8/20, Tuesday 8/21, and Wednesday 8/22. Interested students should sign up for an audition time on the wall outside of my office by Friday. We will hold live rhythm section (drums, piano, bass, guitar, vibes) auditions next Thursday, August 23rd with all winds at 7:30 AM in the band room.
- Dr. Tim Leadership Seminar $20 is due by Fri. (8/17) for anyone interested in attending the motivational/leadership session at Lafayette HS on Monday evening 8/20 from 6-8:30 PM.
- Sign up for a shift to help with Stadium Seat Installation at Kroger Field on Sat. Aug. 25th on the instrument room doors.
- We are also asking members to join a Bingo Team by contacting a team captain.
- PARENTS, all are invited to our first parent meeting next Tuesday, August 21st at 7:00 PM in the orchestra room! I look forward to meeting you all!
We are in a unique situation this year where we hit the ground running full speed and are asking everyone to do what they can to help out the program! We’re excited for a great year!
Sincerely, Bill Kite Director of Bands Henry Clay High School