Dear Marching Band Family,
It is that time again, as we prepare for the banquet at the end of the year, when I need requests for students who have earned the HCHS Band Letter and/or Bar. Please reply before Monday April 16th if you are requesting a letter or bar
Please see the following requirements for obtaining a Band Letter and/or Bar:
Criteria for Earning Letters and Bars
Letters and bars are awarded as recognition to students enrolled at Henry Clay H.S. for achievement in the overall band program. Eligible students must request letters/bars from the director.
Letter plus one Bar (Color Guard members will also receive a Color Guard Bar)
(Must meet all four criteria)
1. Complete first and second semester of band with a passing grade. (Not required for Color Guard members not enrolled in band class.)
2. Participate in band camp.
3.Participate in marching band season.
4. Participate in Wind Ensemble, Symphonic Band, Concert Band, Percussion Class, or Color Guard spring season (if conducted).
- Participate in band or color guard for four
years without previously earning a letter.
- One bar is given for each additional band or
color guard year as described above after receiving a band letter.