Dear Band Family,
There have been some CHANGES in the itinerary for the BOA trip this weekend. As you know by now, the previous hotel company broke the contract with us and double booked our hotel rooms for Friday night. A HUGE thank you goes to Brian Rosenkrantz for scrambling around for 2 days and resolving this issue! He has certainly saved the opportunity for our students to gain this wonderful experience and we are very grateful for his work!
Please see the new ATTACHED itinerary and note the NEW hotel location for the kids on Friday night and the details concerning food stops for both Friday evening and Sunday returning home.
We are very excited about this performance and trip! The students have worked very hard and this will be a fantastic experience!
Please be reminded of:
Essential items students need for this trip:
- Cash for 2 lunches (I recommend at least $20 … 1 lunch inside the stadium on Saturday and lunch at the stop on the way home on Sunday Barboursville, West VA. The HC Band Boosters are providing transportation, hotel, and several other meals throughout the weekend.)
- Unofficial uniform (show shirt, black shorts, black socks, black marching shoes, fleeces or guard warm up suits)
- Instrument and necessary equipment for performance
- A change of clothes for Sunday drive home and for nighttime
- Toiletries for a night in a hotel and a night at the YMCA
- Air Mattress or Sleeping Bag for a night at the YMCA
Thanks to you all for your flexibility and professionalism during this situation!
Director of Bands
Henry Clay High School