I have information about the PTA 5K, which is Sunday, December 4th @ Keeneland. This is a super easy fundraiser for us, because we don’t have to do all the work of holding a 5K–we just register people and the band gets $9 back per registration! It is difficult to have that kind of profit holding a 5K on our own, so it’s a no brainer to take advantage of this great offer! You can choose to walk or run, and you can choose to do the one mile distance or the 5K (3.1 miles). Please follow the directions below to ensure that our band gets credit of $9 per registration. Invite your friends and family members (there is a virtual option as well)! The price is $20 per adult/$10 per student, but it goes up another $5 on October 1st. Please let me know if you have any questions!
How to Register for the PTA 5K to make sure HC Band gets $9 per Registration
Race is on Sunday, December 4th @ Keeneland
- Go to pta5k.com
- Click on Register for PTA 5K
There are 2 options:
- 5K Run/Walk (start time 2:30 pm)
- 1 Mile Fun Run (start time 1:30 pm)
The price is the same no matter which one you choose:
Adults: $20 (goes up to $25 on 10/1 @ 11:59 pm)
Under age 18: $10 (goes up to $15 on 10/1 @ 11:59 pm)
- Click Signup under the option you choose.
- If you have an account, with Runsignup, it will prompt you to login. If not, just enter your information.
- Fill out your information (if the person registering is under 18, it will automatically apply the age based pricing). (Do not click the create or join team tab, that doesn’t apply to us).
- If you are adding another registrant, click Add Another Registrant.
- Click the check box for the waiver and click continue.
- Select your tshirt size.
- Under Questions, which school, choose Henry Clay. If you have a young child and want to participate in the Kids Marathon training (they run a total of 26.2 miles in the weeks leading up to the race), then select that. If you are interested in participating in the couch to 5K support program that they offer, click that. More info here on the support programs: http://www.pta5k.com/training.html.
- Then click Continue.
- You have an option to make a donation. If you choose not to, just click Continue.
- On the next screen, it will have your total for your registration(s). You will see a box that says Coupon Code. If you are registering for a Club/Team/Booster, enter your code in the Coupon Code section at checkout. You DO NOT need to look for or form a team. They are tracking through the coupon code. Our code is HCBB16. For every individual using this code, our band will receive $9 back after the race!
- Enter your payment information (Note that it only charges one processing fee per order, not per registration–I registered 3 people and the fee was $3 total). You may choose to send in your registration by mail to avoid the credit card processing fee if you wish.
- Click confirm payment and you will receive a confirmation screen (and an email). Check on your email to ensure that the coupon code says HCBB16. If not, please let me know.
Kimberly Collins 859-266-0004