Dear HC Band Family, Welcome Back to all as a new school year begins for the HC band program! We are excited to meet and greet all of our new members and families as we enter the 2015-16 school year!
- All marching band members check the online band calendar for the schedule this week. Rehearsals will be heldMonday, Tuesday, and Thursday from 3:45-7:15 PM and a camp day on Saturday from 8 AM until 4 PM with our program coordinator and designer back in town.
- Any and all students interested in participating in the HC Jazz program will meet in the band room on the 1st day of school, Wednesday August 12th at 7:30 AM. All students will receive audition info for placement into our jazz bands, syllabus information, and info on the performance opportunities this year. Auditions for placement will be held before school each morning during the 2nd week of school beginning on Monday, August 17th. The Jazz Ensemble was selected through application and audition as one of the few high school ensembles to perform at the state music educators (KMEA) conference this February!
- Students will NOT need to bring their instruments for the 1st day of school on Wed. August 12th. We will cover syllabus info in each class and discuss how each class will function throughout the year.
- Students will however need their instruments and will need to be ready to play on the 2nd day Thursday, August 13th. We will play everyday from the 2nd day of school on…all the way until the last day in May 🙂 We will handle school instrument rentals for the rare instruments on the 2nd day. Each school instrument rental is $25.00. For those who own their instruments or are renting on their own, please be prepared and have your instrument ready to play on Thursday 8/13.
- For any and all students interested, Dr. Tim Lautzenheiser (a world renowned motivational and leadership speaker) will be visiting Lafayette HS on Monday, August 17th to present his seminar. Check in is 5:30 PM with the seminar beginning at 6:00 PM on Mon. 8/17. The cost is $30 per student to attend. We ask students to contribute $20 and the HC band boosters cover the other $10 for any student wishing to attend the leadership seminar. Interested students should turn money into me by this Thursday, August 13th to reserve a place in the seminar. I would encourage everyone to attend! It is the finest leadership seminar I have ever attended and I’ve now seen this session almost 15 times!
- To all of our parents, please be sure you READ and SIGN off on your child’s syllabus (tear off the portion for submission) this week for each of the various band classes as this is their first official grade.
- Also to our families and parents, we communicate through Email, Facebook, Twitter, Remind 101,www.henryclayband.org, the Charms Band Calendar on the website, announcements in class, written reminders on the board in the band room, etc. so please be sure you are receiving emails, texts, etc. to stay informed about upcoming events involving your children in the Henry Clay Band program.
- We encourage all parents to become as involved as possible in their child’s band experience! It is truly a wonderful time in all of our lives and we need your help through volunteer efforts and fundraising! Please attend our Band Parent Meeting on Monday, August 24th at 7:00 PM in the band room to gather info on the program opportunities and to see how you can continue to help your children have the best possible high school band experience through the HC band program!